Welcome to Podcast Bytes, a show that answers your podcasting questions one episode at a time.
Today’s question comes from Quora- what makes a good podcast host?
Be yourself. Be honest.
- Audio is an honest medium. Your listener will know when you are being fake or inauthentic.
Have something to say (or ask).
- Be intentional with your podcast.
- This is one of your biggest factors for success for the majority of podcasters.
- As time goes on, you’ll improve.
Be a good human.
- Be kind and charitable. It helps in all aspects of life. 🙂
Listen. Be aware of your guest.
- Listen to your guest and let the actual conversation influence your questions. Make them free comfortable and welcome on your show.
Be aware of yourself.
- If you’re bored, your audience is already bored. Don’t be afraid to go off script or change it up to pursue something interesting.
- Know who you are talking to, what they are up to, and what they’ve already been asked.
Additional Tips from Alex Blumberg
Check out this post to see the summary of the Power Your Podcast with Storytelling Notes Creativelive notes.