In this episode, I’m joined by this season’s sponsor, Joe Casabona. He discusses some things you want to consider when building a podcast website. You may also what to listen to the “Does your podcast need a website?” as well.
You have 3 major things to consider in general:
- Where will your website live? Are you going to use a podcast hosting service like Simplecast or create your own website using something like WordPress? I recommend creating your own site because it gives you more control and flexibility over your content.
- What podcast media host will you use? Plenty of options exist and I cover my favorites in the media hosting episode.
- How will you distribute your feed? You want to submit your podcast to the different directories like Apple Podcasts and Stitcher. I discuss this further in the “What is a podcast RSS feed and why is it important?” episode.
You have a few more things to consider when it comes to your actual website:
- You’ll want a dependable website host. Consider using Siteground.
- Let your website be the “one true source” of all of your podcast doings. It’s where you send your listeners so they can interact with your platform.
- Include the basics- each episode should have its own post and each post should include things like show notes and/or transcriptions, subscribe buttons, affiliate links, etc.
Thanks to our Sponsor!
Thanks to Joe Casabona and Creator Courses for their sponsorship! Check out his podcast website course and learn how to make your podcast website in just a few days! And check out his podcast, How I Built It. He interviewed me back on episode 58 about podcasting for your brand or business.